101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Students and teacher using microscopes in class

Find a Teacher


Academic Records

You must arrange for your university to send to the College the academic records for all the degrees and programs you listed on your application form. The College will base its evaluation on these records. See Academic Records and Transcripts for details.

The College understands that in Romania academic records are called Foaia Matricola. Sometimes the university issues them to the student when the program is completed. Other universities will send the records directly to the College.

If your university is one that issues the Foaia Matricola to the student:

  • You must bring or mail to the College the originals for each degree and progam listed in your application. You must also present the original degree (diploma) for every degree and teacher education program on your application. You can bring them to the College yourself or send them by mail or courier. The College will return them to you.
  • In addition, we need an official verification of your academic records. You must arrange for the university to send a verification letter for your teacher education program and for each degree listed on your application form directly to the College. The letter must have the seal and signature of the registrar and confirm the following:
    • dates you attended and length of program
    • your name as it appears on your application to the College and your Canadian social insurance number
    • the number of hours or units of study for each course in each term or year, if this information is not in the Foaia Matricola (you can substitute a photocopy of the course syllabus if it has the information)
    • name of each degree and the date on which it was awarded
    • for your teacher education program, the number of weeks and the grade levels and subjects you taught in the supervised practice teaching.

If your university is one that will send the academic records (Foaia Matricola) directly to the College:

  • The College has specific requirements for these documents. See Academic Records for details.
  • In addition to the academic records, which your university sends to the College, you must present the original degree or graduation certificate for each program on your application form that was completed in Romania. You can bring them to the College yourself or send them by mail or courier. The College will return them to you.

Statement of Professional Standing

A Statement of Professional Standing is required from the country, province or state where you completed your teacher education program, and from any other country, province or state where you are or have been certified to teach.

See Romania: Statement of Professional Standing to learn what is required and an address for obtaining the document.

Teaching Certificate

You must send a photocopy of your teaching certificate from all jurisdictions where you are or have been authorized to teach. This applies even if you have never taught there.

The College understands that teaching certificates are not issued in Romania. Instead, we will accept a photocopy of your teacher education diploma.

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 0A1, P: 416.961.8800 / Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1.888.534.2222 / F: 416.961.8822 / info@oct.ca

© 2019 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top