101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Students and teacher using microscopes in class

Find a Teacher

Canadian Certified Teachers

Under the Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009, teachers certified in any Canadian province or territory can also get certified in Ontario. Qualified teachers may apply to the College. There are a few exceptions, including not meeting one or more of the following criteria:

  • proficiency in English or French
  • professional suitability, which consists of:
    • an application declaration
    • a Canadian criminal record report
    • a statement of professional standing.

Apply now

Select the appropriate registration guide for your teaching category and follow the instructions.


Read our FAQ for Canadian certified teachers.

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON, M5S 0A1

Client Services:

Telephone: 416.961.8800

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.888.534.2222


All Other Inquiries:

Telephone: 437.880.3000

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.833.966.5588


© 2024 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top