The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Looking for an internship, co-op placement or articling opportunity at the College?
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bilingual Client Services Assistant, Client Services Unit
Membership Services Department
Full-time limited term contract appointment – 1 year
Category 13 – Salary Range $46,430 – $63,021
Experience required in a modern client contact centre environment, with professional French- and English-language oral communication ability as well as strong writing skills to provide excellent service in responding to e-mail enquiries and letters.
French language proficiency testing will be administered as part of the recruitment process for this position.
- Answer enquiries and provide accurate and concise information by telephone, in writing and in person to members, applicants and the general public
- Provide assistance and advice to internationally educated teachers seeking a teaching license in Ontario
- Advise applicants as to the status of their application and provide information on how to obtain documents required for registration
- Provide information on additional qualification courses, admission prerequisites and course providers
- Receive and process fee payments and member update information on the membership database.
- Receive and process requests for various print materials produced by the Ontario College of Teachers
- Collaborate with colleagues in other units in the department to provide information to applicants and members
- Engage in problem solving to resolve issues for applicants and members
- Refer complex enquiries to Client Services Officers
- Verify caller or visitor identity prior to the release of all personal information.
- Cross-training for occasional assignment to Membership Records Assistant and/or Evaluation Assistant responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Client Services.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter no later than December 3, 2019.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.