The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Looking for an internship, co-op placement or articling opportunity at the College?
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also contact us directly at email@example.com.
Administrative Assistant, Tribunals & Professional Conduct
Investigations and Hearings Department
Regular Position, Category 13 – Salary Range $46,430 – $63,021
With your successful administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and strong organization, interpersonal, communication skills, you will provide administrative assistance to the College’s Tribunals and Professional Conduct Units. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience in committee support and minute taking required. Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
- Ensure that work prepared in the Units for the Discipline Committee, Fitness to Practise Committee and senior staff is accurate, of high quality and processed according to format in a timely manner
- Provide support for Discipline Committee and Fitness to Practise Committee meetings and training sessions including minute taking, scheduling, arranging catering, preparation of agenda and materials and post-meeting follow up
- Review and maintain documents and information on College website including Rules of Procedure and Resource Manuals as per the manager's instructions
- Receive visitors, deal with enquiries and make appointments and travel arrangements for staff as required
- Provide administrative support to the Managers and Complaint Resolution Officers and maintain statistical charts for Complaint Resolution and other areas when required
- During times of high volume, provide support to the Tribunals or Professional Conduct units
- Answer the telephone for the Units, obtaining information where required and refer calls to the appropriate staff member
- Act as a resource person, following up on queries from internal College staff on the status of various cases and relaying the required responses back to the appropriate individual
- Ensure that incoming mail for the Units is logged and distributed
- Monitor and maintain an accurate record system regarding attendance in the unit
- Compose and edit correspondence, email and memos in reply to routine enquiries
- Organize and maintain a filing system for the Units
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managers of the Units.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter no later than September 26, 2019.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.