The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Looking for an internship, co-op placement or articling opportunity at the College?
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also submit an application expressing your interest in a placement at the College through our recruitment portal.
Bilingual Membership Records Assistant
Membership Records Unit, Membership Services Department
Regular Position, Category 13 - Salary Range $47,765 - $64,833
Drawing on your experience in high volume records handling in a modern database environment, you will support the ongoing maintenance of the Member Registry by reviewing incoming documents and updating client electronic files for the Membership Services Department. An ability to contribute positively to a fast-paced team, familiarity with CRM systems, Microsoft Office and post-secondary academic records are assets for this position. Both French and English language oral and writing proficiency are essential for this position.
Language proficiency testing will be administered.
- Process Canadian and international applications for certification.
- Review documents in support of application requirements to ensure authenticity, and that content requirements have been met using established policies and guidelines.
- Communicate application status updates to applicants and respond to member requests.
- Review files from applicants requesting assistance in obtaining documents to complete their application or requesting alternative documents in exceptional cases, escalating where necessary.
- Track and expedite client files, prepare chronology reports of exceptional cases, as necessary.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive mail correspondence.
- Review escalated document packages for resolution and/or referral to the officer and manager.
- Contact external agencies for confirmation/verification of official documentation.
- Act as the unit’s contact for their counterparts in Client Services and Evaluation.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems in support of applicant and member records.
- Provide courteous in-person assistance to applicants and members at the College’s Service Counter, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
apply, please send your resume and cover letter no later than March 9, 2021.
Evaluation Services Unit, Membership Services Department
Limited-term appointment – up to 12 months
Category 9 – Salary Range $69,799 – $89,145
Successful in managing high volumes of credential assessments, with advanced knowledge of teacher certification and qualification requirements in Ontario, you will provide a range of evaluation services for individuals applying for teacher certification and qualifications. You will evaluate international academic and professional credentials, interpret regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to applicants and College members. You bring to this position post-secondary education with excellent written and oral communication skills and strong analytic ability. Consistent and attentive to timelines in your work, you are an independent self-starter who is also able to contribute positively and work co-operatively with a fast-paced team in a modern database environment.
Language proficiency testing will be administered as part of the recruitment process for this position.
- Apply regulations and policies in evaluating international teacher education programs and compiling a breakdown of the content and hours of theory and practice to determine comparability to Ontario programs and standards.
- Perform calculations of programs that contain both academic and teacher education coursework, following the unit’s processes and procedures.
- Apply regulations and policies in determining if international credentials satisfy Ontario requirements for teacher certification and qualifications.
- Analyze all documents submitted as part of a credential assessment for authenticity
- Analyze official documentation and associated translations to verify accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of information.
- Determine if additional information/documentation is required, and request the same from appropriate sources, e.g. educational institutions, employers, applicants, members.
- Conduct assessments for applications for Additional Qualification (AQ) equivalencies.
- Process requests for reassessment of qualifications and changes to credentials listed on the public register.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and issues in international credential assessment to ensure currency of practice.
- Participate in training new credential assessors in the unit and other staff within the Membership Services Department.
- Provide general information to applicants in monthly information sessions for individuals who have been denied initial certification.
- When requested by the Manager, meet with applicants in person or by telephone to address questions about the College’s credential assessment process, recording pertinent information in their file processing notes.
- Using excellent writing skills, craft decisions and reasons for each credential assessment.
- Prepare and issue correspondence to communicate decisions to applicants and members.
- Determine any limitations or conditions to impose on certificates.
Registration Appeals Committee
- Using excellent writing skills, prepare College submissions providing relevant background and policy information that led to the original decision to deny or impose conditions on a certificate.
- Assist the Membership Analyst/Manager of Evaluation Services/Director of Membership Services at Registration Appeals Committee meetings, as necessary, to answer questions about credential assessments.
- Research international education systems on an ongoing basis.
- Draft responses to requests for information for external stakeholders regarding the College’s credential assessment process as directed by the Manager of Evaluation Services or Director of Membership Services.
- Compile information on an ongoing basis for the unit Resource Centre regarding international education systems for use in evaluating academic and teacher education credentials.
- Recommend to the Manager of Evaluation Services changes to evaluation procedures and processes as a result of changes to the College’s teaching standards of practice, changes in teacher education systems in other jurisdictions or global changes in credential assessment standards of practice.
- Produce and analyze reports on results of evaluations; e.g., number of applicants by jurisdiction, number denied, and so forth.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Evaluation Services.
apply, please send your resume and cover letter no later than March 2, 2021.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.