The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also submit an application expressing your interest in a placement at the College through our recruitment portal.
Enjoy a collegial, fun-spirited work environment that promotes a strong work-life balance, employee wellness and continued professional development and offers a stellar benefits package.
The College supports flexibility work, if your role permits to give everyone the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays. Schedules will be determined in partnership between individuals, managers, and the team.
The College has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including prospective new employees, be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or other human rights-based exemptions will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
Manager of Accreditation for Pre-Service Teacher Education Programs
Accreditation Unit, Standards of Practice and Accreditation Department
Permanent position, Category 4a – Hiring Range $128,125 – $144,206
The Ontario College of Teachers is seeking a Manager of Accreditation for Pre-Service Teacher Education Programs. This position will support the Director of Standards of Practice and Accreditation, the Accreditation Unit and the Accreditation Committee in support of the College’s mandate. To manage the Accreditation Unit to establish, maintain and improve procedures and policies relevant to the accreditation of initial teacher education programs in Ontario. To engage actively in program reviews, including those involving substantial changes in and additions to pre-service programs. To ensure that teacher education programs adhere to the Accreditation of Teacher Education Regulation 347/02 and the Teachers’ Qualification Regulation 176/10 to meet the needs of the provincial education sector demands. To report regularly to the Department Director and the Accreditation Committee on all reviews and activities. We are looking for a member of the Ontario College of Teachers with extensive knowledge of initial and continuing teacher education.
Regulatory or program evaluation expertise is an asset. Oral and written French proficiency is also considered an asset for this position.
- Report to the Director of Standards of Practice and Accreditation, primarily responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of the Accreditation staff, with additional project leadership opportunities as assigned.
- Support the Accreditation Staff, Accreditation Roster and the Accreditation Committee in its planning for and deliberations with respect to the reviews of programs of professional education in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Standards of Practice and Education to facilitate the integration of the standards of practice and the ethical standards in the work of the Accreditation Unit and the Accreditation Committee as needed.
- Work in collaboration with all Department and College staff to ensure and maintain a positive work environment.
- Provide Accreditation Unit leadership when dealing with the accreditation reviews of programs across all providers.
- Foster and promote a positive relational approach with all education providers, including Deans and Directors of Education in publicly-funded and independent institutions across the province.
- Foster and promote respectful working relationships with all educational stakeholders in the province, including; Ministry, School board, Federation and affiliate personnel, etc.
- Establish budget, goals and objectives for the Accreditation Unit while respecting the College’s Mission and Vision and aligning with the College’s Strategic Priorities.
- Assign and monitor staff workflow, ensuring professionalism, accuracy, and timely completion of work in effectively accomplishing program reviews and all other regulatory work.
- Establish and maintain efficient and effective Unit procedures; onboard and train new staff; communicate performance standards for the Unit and regularly evaluate the performance of staff.
- Plan and facilitate training sessions for new Accreditation Committee and Roster members and offer ongoing professional learning opportunities for existing Committee members and panellists.
- Prepare regular management reports and data reports for the Director.
- Participate in Department planning, program and priority setting.
- Maintain information on regulations, policies and procedures and provide instruction and training for staff related to accreditation of teacher education programs.
- Communicate with the Department Director with respect to any significant observations or information, such as changes in teacher education policies and practices by universities and other providers of teacher education programs.
- Communicate administration policies and human resources policies to Unit staff.
- Coordinate the review schedule and monitor the workflow for the Program Officers and administrative support assigned to accreditation panels.
- Participate actively in the accreditation reviews of teacher education programs as a Lead Program Officer or a second Program Officer.
- Interpret College regulations, policies and procedures for teacher education providers in Ontario and information requests from other jurisdictions and other Departments.
- Work in collaboration with other Departments of the College.
- Investigate and resolve or make recommendations with respect to unusual problems with respect to accreditations that deviate from the Accreditation Regulation or established College policy.
- Keep abreast of current issues, trends and research in teacher education in Ontario and other jurisdictions and changes in policy, legislation, technology and innovations that may affect teacher education standards and practices in both official languages in the province.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Director.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume no later than
November 29, 2022.