The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Looking for an internship, co-op placement or articling opportunity at the College?
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Migration Specialist
Information and Technology unit, Corporate and Council Services
Limited term contract – 1 year
Hourly rate: $65
The College is looking for an experienced Data Migration Specialist to analyze, design, extract, cleanse, test and migrate data from multiple systems to a clean data set, ready for transformation and load into Dynamics 365. The Data Migration Specialist responsibilities include:
- Hands-on ETL of data from legacy systems to Dynamics 365.
- Review, interpret, recommend and respond to the detailed design proposed by the CRM Architect and align it with the business requirements.
- Manage data quality through identification, assessment, monitoring, and correction of issues.
- Manage data validation through quantitative and qualitative checks to measure the success of the migration, as well as detect defects.
- Data Cleansing of source for data migration to ensure data validation and migration.
- Develop a wide range of reports as required.
- Document the data migration plan, schedule, test plan and detailed conversion reports.
- Collaborate with the team in analysis, solution design and data migration changes.
- Work with SME resources and assist in performing the reconciliation and data migration testing process to highlight any issues for correction.
- Work with SMEs to User Acceptance Test for data migration and sign off.
- Assist in development of cutover plans and schedules for trial migrations, dress rehearsals and go-live implementations.
- Computer Science / Information Technology Degree, or a combination of experience and education
- 2-3 years of experience in ETL Development
- Experience in migrating existing legacy data to an enterprise solution.
- Experience with Databases, T-SQL scripting, stored procedures and data models.
- Expertise in developing migration solutions within SQL Server, SSRS, KingswaySoft or other ETL tools, Power BI, Data Conversion, Data De-duplication and Data Cleansing.
- Ability to engage both technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as managing their expectations through a migration process.
- Data migration on at least one major Microsoft Dynamics implementation project or similar.
- Exposure to Microsoft Dynamics 365 is essential.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter no later than July 23, 2019.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.