Online Employers’ Area
Ontario College of Teachers
The College maintains information relating to its members on the public register.
The College’s Employers’ Area was established to:
- provide employers and potential employers, additional qualification course and program providers, and other employee representatives with the ability to download publicly available information for multiple College members in a single data file
- facilitate the submission of information required by the Ministry of Education from employers regarding completion of the New Teacher Induction Program (NTIP) by College members.
The information provided through the Employers’ Area is the same information that is available on the College’s public register. The Employers’ Area does not provide any additional information to employers but simply facilitates the gathering of College member profiles, for information purposes only.
The member information includes:
- current name
- College registration number
- status with the College
- date of initial certification
- terms, conditions or limitations (if applicable)
- qualifications (basic and additional)
- certificate type
- certificate expiry date (if applicable).
The College is legally obliged to make this information publically available. The College does not otherwise disclose personal information.
The College offers organizations such as employers and potential employers, additional qualification course and program providers, and other employee representatives with access to the Employers’ Area as an efficient, secure and user-friendly way to obtain teachers’ qualifications.
Organizations can apply for access to the College’s Employers’ Area by contacting External Relations at email@example.com. Each organization may have only one account. The organization will control access to the account by ensuring only appropriate staff has access to the account password. Access passwords are issued to organizations for their expressed use and are not transferable beyond the assigned organization.
You acknowledge that your use or reliance on the site or on any documents, materials, resources or references on the site, or referred to or recommended through the site, including without limitation any service, product or information, whether provided by the College or a third party (collectively, the “resources”), is at your own risk.
The information in the teachers’ qualifications download is extracted from the College’s public register on a real-time basis and is subject to change. The College is unable to guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, correctness, currency, veracity or completeness of the information provided.
The resources are not intended to provide you or any other person or entity with any advice.