101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Elementary student

Find a Teacher

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I am retiring or leaving the profession?

You should change your status to retired by either filling out the electronic Notice of Retirement found in the Member’s Area of our website once you have logged into your account or submitting the signed Notice of Retirement form (found under Members/Resources/Forms). Once we have received a Notice of Retirement form, your status on the public register will be changed to Retired. Please note that the Annual Membership Fee runs from January 1 to December 31. The membership fee is not prorated.  

If you do not pay your fee and you do not submit a Notice of Retirement, your status on the public register will be changed to Suspended Non-payment of Fees. 

If you are going to continue to teach, you will need to pay your annual membership fee and your status on the public register will remain in Good Standing. You cannot continue to teach occasionally with a status of Retired.

How helpful was this answer? *

(1=not helpful, 5=very helpful)

Still not finding the answers you need?
      Email us

      Call us at 416-961-8800 or toll free in Ontario at 1-888-534-2222

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 0A1, P: 416.961.8800 / Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1.888.534.2222 / F: 416.961.8822 / info@oct.ca

© 2019 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top