101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Elementary student

Find a Teacher

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if I let my membership lapse but wish to teach again later?

If you do not intend to teach in a publicly funded school in Ontario, you may let your membership lapse and reinstate your membership later. The College will keep your records in an inactive status and your membership status on the public register will be listed as Suspended Non-payment of Fees.

You can ask to be reinstated at any time, either online or by submitting a form (Membership Reinstatement), paying the annual membership fee and a fee to reinstate (currently $130).

How helpful was this answer? *

(1=not helpful, 5=very helpful)

Still not finding the answers you need?
      Email us

      Call us at 416-961-8800 or toll free in Ontario at 1-888-534-2222

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 0A1, P: 416.961.8800 / Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1.888.534.2222 / F: 416.961.8822 / info@oct.ca

© 2019 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top