Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay the membership fee?
You can pay by:
• Debit or credit card through E-Services at www.oct.ca.
• Phone with a Credit card, Visa debit or MasterCard debit card by calling: 416-961-8800 (1-888-534-2222 in Ontario only) and accessing our automated payment system, which is available 24/7.
Our automated voice system ensures that the College meets the highest standards of the international credit card payment system, and protects the security and privacy of your financial information. You will get a confirmation number immediately.
• Web/telephone banking. Add the Ontario College of Teachers as a payee to your bill payment listing with your financial institution. The 7-digit payment number is listed under your College registration number on the attached invoice. Payment numbers are also accessible online through our Members’ Area at www.oct.ca by logging into your account. Please note it can take up to five business days for your financial institution to remit payment to the College
• Visiting the Welcome Counter on the 14th floor at 101 Bloor Street West in Toronto from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday via Credit Card, Debit Card, cash, cheque or money order.
• Mail, via cheque or money order, payable to the Ontario College of Teachers. Reference your registration number. Our address is: Ontario College of Teachers, 101 Bloor Street West, Attn: Finance Unit, Toronto ON M5S 0A1. We do not accept post-dated cheques.
You will need your College registration number for this transaction. You can find your registration number on the enclosed invoice, on your membership card or at Find a Teacher at www.oct.ca.
To maintain your Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) status, the College must receive and process your annual fee by April 15, 2019. If your payment is not processed by April 15, 2019 your status will be changed to Suspended-Non-payment of fees.