101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

A teacher helps a student with their work

Find a Teacher

Frequently Asked Questions

My significant other (husband/wife/son/daughter) recently died. How do I change his/her status on the College's public register to show him/her as deceased?

We need a signed request from the executor and a copy of the death certificate to change a member's status to deceased. You can email, mail or fax this information directly to the College. Once we've received the information, we'll update the public register and stop all further correspondence to the member.

How helpful was this answer? *

(1=not helpful, 5=very helpful)

Still not finding the answers you need?
      Email us

      Call us at 416-961-8800 or toll free in Ontario at 1-888-534-2222

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 0A1, P: 416.961.8800 / Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1.888.534.2222 / F: 416.961.8822 / info@oct.ca

© 2019 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top