101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

A teacher helps a student with their work

Find a Teacher

Frequently Asked Questions

Because of the political unrest, I cannot get transcripts from my postsecondary institution. Is there an acceptable substitute?

The College does require an official transcript to be sent directly from the postsecondary institution. However, we recognize that it is sometimes difficult to have official documentation to be sent directly from countries where there is political unrest. We have carried out extensive research on many countries and intervene on the behalf of applicants when they have provided proof that they cannot get a transcript. 

If you experience difficulty arranging for an institution or organization to send documents directly to the College, you can ask the College to intervene on your behalf. 

Send a letter to the Director of the College's Membership Services Department asking the College to contact the institution for you. This letter should outline the attempts you have made and identify the name of the institution(s) and document(s) you are having difficulty obtaining. 

You must also attach evidence of your attempts – for example, copies of letters you have sent to the institution(s) – to this letter. We'll be in touch with you and, if we are able to assist you, we will send you a copy of the letter we've sent to the institution on your behalf.

How helpful was this answer? *

(1=not helpful, 5=very helpful)

Still not finding the answers you need?
      Email us

      Call us at 416-961-8800 or toll free in Ontario at 1-888-534-2222

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 0A1, P: 416.961.8800 / Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1.888.534.2222 / F: 416.961.8822 / info@oct.ca

© 2019 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top