Frequently Asked Questions
What is the College's policy on the translation of documents needed for application?
The College only accepts translations from:
- the consulate, high commission or embassy to Canada of the country which
issued the documents
- a Canadian embassy, consulate, high commission in the country from which
- a translator accredited by a professional association of translators. Call
the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) at 1-800-234-5030
or 613-241-2846 or www.atio.on.ca to obtain the name of an accredited translator
- a translator who has received accreditation through a federal, provincial
or municipal government in Canada.
All translations must be originals and accompanied by an original statement
- the translations are accurate and authentic
- the translator belongs to one of the categories listed above (identification
number and /or seal, name, address and telephone number required)
- the printed name and signature of the translator.