101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Elementary student

Find a Teacher

Frequently Asked Questions

I completed studies that I think are equivalent to an AQ.  How do I get these recognized on my record?

You can submit an Application for Equivalent Standing, along with a fee. To be considered, your courses need to be completed at an approved teacher education institution (that is, completed at a faculty of education of an approved postsecondary institution), be in addition to your initial teacher education program required for certification, consist of at least 125 hours, and contain a concentrated study of teaching methodology appropriate for Ontario curriculum in elementary and/or secondary schools. Please note: Equivalent Standing is intended for approved teacher education coursework completed at an institution outside of Ontario.

How helpful was this answer? *

(1=not helpful, 5=very helpful)

Still not finding the answers you need?
      Email us

      Call us at 416-961-8800 or toll free in Ontario at 1-888-534-2222

Related Questions

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 0A1, P: 416.961.8800 / Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1.888.534.2222 / F: 416.961.8822 / info@oct.ca

© 2019 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top