Application for Equivalent Standing
Use this form to apply for equivalent standing for an Additional Qualification.
The College determines whether education courses are eligible for equivalent standing.
To qualify for equivalent standing a course must:
- extend beyond the teacher education program required for initial certification
- have been completed at an accredited teacher training institution or in an approved graduate program in teacher education
- match the content of the Additional Qualification course for which equivalent standing is being requested
- represent at least 125 hours of study
- contain a concentrated study of teaching methodology appropriate for curriculum in Ontario elementary and/or secondary schools.
Equivalency is not granted based on academic (non-pedagogical) courses or experience.
There is a non-refundable fee for equivalency assessments.