Use this form to apply for equivalent standing for an Additional Qualification.
The College determines whether education courses are eligible for equivalent standing.
To qualify for equivalent standing a course must:
- extend beyond the teacher education program required for initial certification
- have been completed at an accredited teacher training institution or in an approved graduate program in teacher education
- match the content of the Additional Qualification course for which equivalent standing is being requested
- represent at least 125 hours of study
- contain a concentrated study of teaching methodology appropriate for curriculum in Ontario elementary and/or secondary schools.
Equivalency is not granted based on academic (non-pedagogical) courses or experience.
There is a non-refundable fee for equivalency assessments.