101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

A photo of a teacher reading to two students in a library.

Find a Teacher


Reapplying due to non-payment of fees

If your membership status is Inactive/Non-Practising for non-payment of fees or because you retired, you can be reinstated by paying your fees online. You will need to pay:

  • a reinstatement fee ($130)
  • an annual membership fee ($200).

Reapplying due to expiration, cancellation or resignation

You can reapply to reinstate your membership if you:

  • have an expired teaching certificate
  • have a cancelled teaching certificate
  • resigned from the College for non-disciplinary reasons.

Reapply by selecting the appropriate registration guide for your teaching category, and follow the instructions.

Reapplying due to Ministry suspension or College revocation

You must contact the College’s Investigations and Professional Conduct Department to reapply if:

  • your teaching certificate was suspended or cancelled by the Minister of Education
  • your teaching certificate was revoked by the College
  • you resigned from the College for disciplinary reasons.


All individuals who reinstate their membership with the College must successfully complete the online Sexual Abuse Prevention Program before they can return to good standing. Individuals who previously completed the Program do not have to complete it again. 

For more information about the Sexual Abuse Prevention Program, please visit our FAQs

Contact the Investigations and Professional Conduct Department:

Phone: 437-880-3000
Phone toll-free (Ontario): 1-833-966-5588

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON, M5S 0A1

Client Services:

Telephone: 416.961.8800

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.888.534.2222


All Other Inquiries:

Telephone: 437.880.3000

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.833.966.5588


© 2024 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top