The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Looking for an internship, co-op placement or articling opportunity at the College?
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Research Assistant
Standards of Practice and Education Unit
Standards of Practice and Accreditation Department
Limited term appointment - One year
Category 7 - Salary Range $55,202 - $84,292
This position provides support to the Standards of Practice and Accreditation Department through both qualitative and quantitative research projects in relation to standards of practice, ethical standards, professional learning framework, Additional Qualification policy development and teacher education.
- Contribute to design, development, methodology and planning for quantitative and qualitative research projects and activities
- Contribute to the design of survey instruments, interview and focus group questions
- Administer the sample selection and distribution of surveys
- Undertake assigned document analysis and bibliographic reviews
- Conduct assigned interviews and focus group sessions
- Organize, code and enter data using qualitative and quantitative software
- Perform preliminary analysis and synthesis of raw data from interviews, focus groups and survey returns
- Provide support in identifying themes, patterns and preliminary findings from research
- Contribute to the preparation of research reports, papers and presentations
- Investigate and compile information on current educational trends
- Perform administrative, liaison and dissemination activities associated with research activities
- Provide research support to writing teams, consultations and Adobe Connect sessions
- Facilitate the development of standards education processes and resources
- Support Additional Qualification policy development and implementation
- Support Additional Qualification Accreditation
- Support standards education, research and knowledge mobilization
- Support information management
- Conduct literature searches, reviews and document analyses related to policy, program and research findings in relation to standards for the teaching profession, ethical practice and for teacher education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Several years of qualitative and quantitative research experience; knowledge of research in the education sector; experience in data analysis, individual and focus group interviewing and survey design; relevant research methods degree or diploma and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative software relevant to social science research; ability to interview and write in French an asset.
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter by April 30, 2019.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.