The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Looking for an internship, co-op placement or articling opportunity at the College?
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also contact us directly at email@example.com.
Administrative Assistant, Policy and Research Unit
Corporate and Council Services
Regular Position, Category 13 - Salary Range $46,430 - $63,021
With your successful administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and strong organization, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills, you will provide administrative assistance to the College’s Policy and Research Unit. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience in committee support and minute taking required. Bilingualism is considered and asset for this position.
- Ensure that work prepared in the Unit for the College Council or senior staff is of high quality and is processed according to format in a timely manner.
- Receive visitors, deal with enquiries and arrange appointments for staff as required.
- Answer telephone calls for the Unit, obtain information from callers where required and refer calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Act as a resource person, follow up on queries from internal College staff on the status of various projects and accurately relay the required responses back to the appropriate individual.
- Log, distribute and track incoming mail for the Policy and Research Unit.
- Compose and type letters in reply to routine enquiries or direct mail merges as part of a coordinated mailing.
- Transcribe and format letters, memoranda, articles, reports, speeches, briefing notes, ensuring accuracy and proper distribution.
- Assist in the coordination, production, distribution and electronic posting of materials for Council and Executive Committee meetings.
- Provide administrative support to staff supporting the following committees: Quality Assurance, Governance, and the Registration and Accreditation Appeal committees as required.
- Assist in the preparation of committee materials and logistical arrangements for the meeting, act as recorder, prepare minutes.
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems for the Unit.
- Forward appropriate materials for archiving.
- Assist in coordination, production, and distribution of materials for consultations and events.
- Assist in a redaction process of decisions including logging, editing ensuring accuracy, arranging translation and distribution for sign off.
- Oversee monthly attendance of Unit staff.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Unit staff.
- Assist in administrative processes related to Council elections.
- Prepare agendas and arrange accommodation for unit and team meetings.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Manager of Policy and Research.
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter no later than October 23, 2019.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.