- Department of Basic Education, Ministry of Education and Skills, Development, Bag 119, Gaborone, Botswana
- Department of Secondary Education, 6th Floor, Block 6 Building, Private Bag 00297, Government Enclave, Gaborone, Botswana
- Teaching Service Management, Ministry of Education, Private Bag 00206, Gaborone, Botswana.
- Ministry of Basic Education, Private Bag 005, Gaborone, Botswana
Statement of Professional Standing
A Statement of Professional Standing is a letter from a licensing body or an education ministry that says your right to teach has never been suspended, revoked or cancelled.
The Statement of Professional Standing provides the Ontario College of Teachers with information regarding your past professional practice as a teacher. For example, it tells the College whether your authorization to teach has ever been taken away for disciplinary reasons or whether you would still be welcome to teach in that country, province or state.
You must arrange to have this statement sent to the College from the jurisdiction where you completed your teacher education and from every jurisdiction in which you have been certified to teach.
The statement must:
- verify you were authorized to teach in that jurisdiction
- state that your authorization was never suspended, cancelled or revoked
- come directly to the College from the licensing authority or department of education
- be an original and signed by the appropriate official
- not be more than one year old when the College receives it
- be in the official language of the country in which you taught.
The College recognizes some jurisdictions have no central authority governing the teaching profession. In these instances the College will accept other documents.