101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Students and teacher using microscopes in class

Find a Teacher


Academic Records

You must arrange for your university to send to the College the academic records for all the degrees and programs you listed on your application form. The College will base its evaluation on these records. See Academic Records and Transcripts for details.

The College understands that in Poland educational records may be issued only once, to the student, in an Indeks book.

If your university is one that will send the academic records directly to the College, the College has specific requirements for these documents. See Academic Records and Transcripts.

If your university is one that only issues the Indeks book to the student, you must bring or mail to the College these original records:

  • Indeks for each year or term for each degree listed on your application form
  • Indeks for each year or term of your teacher education program
  • Scroll (Dyplom) for every degree and teacher education program on your application.

You can bring your original documents to the College yourself or send them by mail or courier. The College will return them to you.

Verification Letters

If your university does not send the transcript directly to the College, we also need an official verification of your academic records. You must arrange for the head of the university to send the College a verification letter for your teacher education program and for each degree listed on your application.

The letters must have the seal and signature of the registrar and confirm the following:

  • dates you attended and length of program
  • your name as it appears on your application to the College and your Canadian social insurance number
  • the number of hours or units of study for each course in each term or year, if this information is not in the Indeks. (You can substitute a photocopy of the course syllabus if it has the information.)
  • name of each degree and the date on which it was awarded
  • for your teacher education program, the number of weeks and the grade levels and subjects you taught in the supervised practice teaching.

Statement of Professional Standing

A Statement of Professional Standing is required from the country, province or state where you completed your teacher education program, and from any other country, province or state where you are or have been certified to teach.

See Poland: Statement of Professional Standing to learn what is required and an address for obtaining the document.

Teaching Certificate

You must send a photocopy of your teaching certificate from all jurisdictions where you are or have been authorized to teach. This applies even if you have never taught there.

The College understands that teaching certificates are not issued in Poland. Instead, we will accept a photocopy of your teacher education diploma (Dyplom).

Top of Page

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 0A1, P: 416.961.8800 / Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1.888.534.2222 / F: 416.961.8822 / info@oct.ca

© 2019 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top