101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Students and teacher using microscopes in class

Find a Teacher

Belgium – Flemish Community/Flanders

Academic Records

You must arrange for academic records to be sent to the Ontario College of Teachers for all programs listed on your application form. This usually includes an undergraduate degree as well as a program of teacher education.

The College has specific requirements for these documents. See Academic Records for detailed information.

Statement of Professional Standing

A Statement of Professional Standing is required from the country, province or state where you completed your teacher education program, and from any other country, province or state where you are or have been certified to teach.

See Belgium - Flemish Community/Flanders: Statement of Professional Standing to learn what is required and an address for obtaining the document.

Teaching Certificate

You must submit a photocopy of your teaching certificate from each country, province or state where you have been certified, licensed, or authorized to teach. This requirement applies even if you have never actually taught in that country, province or state.

The College understands that teaching certificates are not issued in the Flemish Community of Belgium. Instead, we will accept a photocopy of your “diploma of qualified teacher” (Diploma van Geaggregeerde).

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON, M5S 0A1

Client Services:

Telephone: 416.961.8800

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.888.534.2222


All Other Inquiries:

Telephone: 437.880.3000

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.833.966.5588


© 2024 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top