101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON, M5S 0A1
P: 416-961-8800
Toll Free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222
F: 416-961-8822

Ontario College of Teachers logo

Students and teacher using microscopes in class

Find a Teacher


Academic Records

You must arrange for your university to send to the College the academic records for all the degrees and programs you listed on your application form. The College will base its evaluation on these records.

The College understands that in Bangladesh educational records are called marksheets or marks cards and that they are issued only once, to the student. If the marksheets are lost or stolen, you can apply to the university for a duplicate.

You must present these original records to the College at the walk-in centre or send them by mail (the College will return them to you):

  • marksheets for each year or term for each degree listed on your application form
  • marksheets for each year or term of your teacher education program
  • the degree scroll for every program on your application.

Verification letters

Since the university does not send these records directly to the College, we need an official verification of your academic records. You must arrange for the university to send a verification letter to the College for your teacher education program and for each degree listed on your application.

Verification letters from the university must be signed by one of the following:

  • registrar
  • deputy registrar
  • controller of examinations
  • assistant controller of examinations.

Verification letters from the affiliated college must be signed by one of the following:

  • principal
  • headmaster or headmistress
  • director.

The verification letters must confirm the following:

  • dates you attended and length of program
  • course content and hours or units of study, if not on the marksheets
  • name of the degree and the date on which it was awarded
  • for your teacher education program, the number of weeks and the grade levels and subjects you taught in the supervised practice teaching.

Statement of Professional Standing

A Statement of Professional Standing is required from the country, province or state where you completed your teacher education program, and from any other country, province or state where you are or have been certified to teach.

The College understands that Statements of Professional Standing are not issued in Bangladesh.

Instead, you must arrange for the head of the last school where you taught in Bangladesh to send a letter of reference directly to the College. The letter must be current. It must list the dates and length of your employment and say that you were never suspended for any disciplinary reason and that your conduct was satisfactory.

Teaching Certificate

You must send a photocopy of your teaching certificate from all jurisdictions where you are or have been authorized to teach. This applies even if you have never taught there.

The College understands that teaching certificates are not issued in Bangladesh. Instead, we will accept the letter of reference that you have arranged to be sent by the university to the College (Statement of Professional Standing) as a teaching certificate.

101 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON, M5S 0A1

Client Services:

Telephone: 416.961.8800

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.888.534.2222


All Other Inquiries:

Telephone: 437.880.3000

Toll-Free (Canada and U.S.A.): 1.833.966.5588


© 2023 Ontario College of Teachers

Back To Top