Certified to teach in Ontario: 2006
Current employment: Learning support teacher
Employer: Thames Valley District School Board
|Master of Science in Education
|Medaille College, New York
Teaches with the Thames Valley DSB in London. In her 10th year of teaching, has taught in the primary, junior and intermediate grades in a variety of single and split-grade classes. Currently works as a learning support teacher for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3 students, working with a variety of students and families to best meet their needs.
A Council member’s duty is to represent the best interests of the College and the teaching profession, and serve and protect the public interest by reviewing teacher education programs at Ontario’s faculties of education and Additional Qualification courses. Council members also deal with complaints about College members and approve the College’s finances.
I have worked as an EQAO range finder and test scorer. I have also worked as an associate teacher and mentor and currently serve as a member of my school’s mental health committee. I have completed a variety of Additional Qualification courses and participate regularly in board-offered professional development.
Outside of school I have volunteered for many organizations that provide education and support to those in need, including Collective Kitchen and Bridges Out of Poverty.
Eligible nominators (Registration)
- Denise Abbott, OCT (257742)
- Susan Baldinelli, OCT (271646)
- Lee Davies, OCT (516655)
- Amie Donais, OCT (259452)
- Jill Hendriksen, OCT (261704)
- Wendy Inch, OCT (258738)
- Katherine Laird, OCT (259831)
- Sean Martens, OCT (452293)
- Neil McKay, OCT (478690)
- David Nuttall, OCT (253720)
- Jarod Parlee, OCT (492975)
- Amy Reehill, OCT (462295)
- Tracie Schembri, OCT (257899)
- Jennifer Waring, OCT (406893)
1. Erin Glen attests that she is eligible and willing to be nominated, meets all the requirements to run for the Southwest Region – Part-Time/Full-Time position and to serve on Council, confirms that all information provided is accurate and agrees to the publication of this information (in response to questions 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 of the Candidate Statement part of her Nomination).
2. Erin Glen does not hold an excluded position that would prevent her from serving on Council (in response to question 4 of the Candidate Statement part of her Nomination).
3. Erin Glen acknowledges that, if elected, she will be required to swear an oath or make an affirmation to serve in the public interest prior to assuming a Council position (in response to question 5 of the Candidate Statement part of her Nomination).