Certified to teach in Ontario: 1993
Current employment: Grade 2 French Immersion teacher
Employer: Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
Career began in 1993 in northern Ontario teaching French Immersion at different levels, including single and split grades, French as a FL and Special Education. Commencing a career in a small town has many challenges, yet those years were very rewarding and provided a strong and beneficial foundation and professional learning experience. Upon moving to Thunder Bay, he started teaching in the English system before accepting a position with the Consortium du Nord-Ouest as an educational consultant. A few years later he returned to the classroom as a French Immersion teacher and has remained there ever since. These many years of varied experiences have been enriching, valuable and provided deep insight into the challenges and requirements of the teaching profession.
Served as school’s OECTA union representative.
The College has a duty is to:
- accredit the programs of the faculties of education across the province;
- establish the standards of the profession and ensure they are followed by teachers; and
- discipline teachers who do not adhere to the established standards.
Has served for the past three years as an elected member of College Council and learned a great deal about the structure and importance of the profession’s regulatory body and its committees.
I have completed Specialist AQs in French as a Second Language, mathematics and Special Education, was involved in the written and oral DELF-DALF assessments and served as an evaluator for a few years. These are diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education to prove the French-language skills of non-French candidates. Teaching FSL to students made it clear to me how important and valuable it is to learn a second language.
I could have listed all the training and workshops I have attended over the years but have chosen instead to share something more meaningful in my life and career—the relationships I have with my students and colleagues. Creating a dynamic and positive learning environment is not easy with the many challenges people face today; however, it’s extremely necessary to do so if one hopes to achieve success.
Much of my personal growth comes from amazing professional colleagues and a few personal friends who remain sources of inspiration. Let’s not forget the children we see every day. Their smiles, their joy, their imaginations and their love have helped me become a better person, yet there is still much more for me to learn.
The valuable experience I have gained from being part of the seventh College Council will serve me well if I am re-elected and given the privilege of representing the teachers of northwest Ontario for another term.
Eligible nominators (Registration)
- Cindy Louise Bergamo, OCT (502167)
- Katherine Joanna Davis, OCT (535466)
- Jennifer Susanne Edwards, OCT (490590)
- Tiana Maria Felice, OCT (646788)
- Adriana Filice, OCT (197445)
- Ginny Marie Gallo, OCT (432375)
- Peter James Labine, OCT (503450)
- Sherrie Anne Lampi, OCT (433109)
- Jonathan Roger Moore, OCT (482618)
- Leanne Gail Oger, OCT (203747)
- Lori Parkes, OCT (258696)
- Rita Scarcello, OCT (210635)
- Anna Jean Tocheri, OCT (261008)
- Christine Marie Traer, OCT (525846)
- Stéphane Vallée attests that he is eligible and willing to be nominated, meets all the requirements to run for the Northwest Region – Part-Time/Full-Time position and to serve on Council, confirms that all information provided is accurate and agrees to the publication of this information (in response to questions 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 of the Candidate Statement part of his Nomination).
- Stéphane Vallée does not hold an excluded position that would prevent him from serving on Council (in response to question 4 of the Candidate Statement part of his Nomination).
- Stéphane Vallée acknowledges that, if elected, he will be required to swear an oath or make an affirmation to serve in the public interest prior to assuming a Council position (in response to question 5 of the Candidate Statement part of his Nomination).