Certified to teach in Ontario: 1995
Current employment: Teacher in the Primary division
Employer: Conseil scolaire catholique du district des Grandes Rivières
A member of the profession since 1995, she is a Grade 2 teacher for the Conseil scolaire catholique du district des Grandes Rivières. Has also been a Grade 2 and Grade 3 classroom teacher, and the literacy and numeracy section head.
Holds a Specialist AQ in Computers in the Classroom and obtained a diploma in rehabilitation techniques at Cambrian College. Regularly participates in training sessions offered by her school board and AEFO in order to refine her competencies and enrich her knowledge.
Has taken part in many projects of the Ministry of Education, including exemplars, the review of the mathematics and French curricula, a cross-sectional study of curricula and program piloting. Headed a PALPE (teacher learning and leadership program) project and led workshops for the Ministry.
A member of various committees in her school, she initiated the creation of the committee for the Soutien Comportement Positif (positive behaviour support) program.
Is enthusiastic about taking on new challenges as a member of Council, and is constantly promoting Ontario’s high standards of education. Respects teachers’ rights and dignity, and is committed to working in the best interests of students and the public.
Her participation in union activities entails various responsibilities: has been a union representative for her school and the AGM, has participated in conferences and has sat on the Status of Women provincial committee.
Her varied experience includes supporting colleagues, participating in various parent committees, coaching sports teams and participating in community activities. Is also a volunteer in her community.
Eligible nominators (Registration)
- Mélanie Beaulieu, OCT (469324)
- Lina Bernard, OCT (180287)
- Nancy Bilodeau, OCT (426380)
- Mélissa Bondu-Proulx, OCT (498194)
- Véronic Boulanger, OCT (420439)
- Julie Charbonneau, OCT (182183)
- Marie-Claude Forgues, OCT (468872)
- Julie Grenier, OCT (445973)
- Lynn Pominville-Roy, OCT (261863)
- Jennifer Thibodeau, OCT (206034)
- Tania Villeneuve, OCT (477207)
1. Chantal Côté attests that she is eligible and willing to be nominated, meets all the requirements to run for the French-Language Roman Catholic Board – Elementary position, and to serve on Council, confirms that all information provided is accurate and agrees to the publication of this information (in response to questions 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 of the Candidate Statement part of her Nomination).
2. Chantal Côté does not hold an excluded position that would prevent her from serving on Council (in response to question 4 of the Candidate Statement part of her Nomination).
3. Chantal Côté acknowledges that, if elected, she will be required to swear an oath or make an affirmation to serve in the public interest prior to assuming a Council position (in response to question 5 of the Candidate Statement part of her Nomination).