Wondering what free library resources are available to you as an Ontario Certified Teacher? Looking for quick, informative and insightful reviews of these resources? Introducing I Read It, our 2-minute resource reviews by College staff.
Don't miss the latest curated reviews of all the free content your Margaret Wilson Library has to offer. Check out the playlist below and don't forget to subscribe.
- Our library brochure is a handy guide to what you’ll find in the library, what you can access online, and how to borrow and return materials.
What’s your interest? Classroom management, leadership, literacy, social studies, outdoor education, special education or mentoring? The Margaret Wilson Library has extensive materials on all those topics and many more.
You can access our full range of services from anywhere in Canada. We’re here to support your professional development whether you’re a new or experienced teacher.
The College offers a collection of English and French ebooks. Our ebooks offer resources on a variety of topics including Special Education, classroom management, leadership strategies and teaching strategies.
See Library subject lists.
Search our extensive online catalogue and you can request books and DVDs from the search results page. They’ll be mailed directly to your home or school address – free of charge.
Search research databases to access thousands of full-text journal articles through EBSCOhost, the world’s foremost research database service.
Highlights of your College library:
- a circulating collection of more than 13,000 books and DVDs
- more than 1,600 French-language books
- ebooks in French and English
- full-text databases including Academic Search Complete, Canadian Reference Centre,
Education Source, ERIC and Newspaper Source Plus
- several work stations with Internet access
- WiFi for your own laptop.
Borrowing books or other materials is convenient and easy. You may borrow up to eight items at a time. You may keep them for three weeks. You may renew the items twice.
Check out the What’s New section on the website. It lists new items in the College Library.
You can return materials:
- by mail, free of charge using the Canada Post-approved label enclosed with the shipment.
- in person at the College
- in the secure book-return drop box anytime at the College at 101 Bloor Street West, at the corner of St. Thomas. You can find the library drop box in the laneway at the back of the College building off St. Thomas Street.
Are you a faculty of education student or a member of the public interested in accessing College documents? Learn about the library’s non-member services.
Want to know what Ontario Certified Teachers are reading? See our Top 10 lists of the most-requested books and eBooks.
Find useful academic research related to Professionally Speaking's popular Teacher Tip feature in Teacher Tip Research.
Visiting the library
Library users expect an environment conducive to study and research.
We ask that you set your cell phones and pagers to a quiet tone and that you take your calls in the lobby.
Please refrain from eating and drinking while using the library collections and equipment.
We offer equal access to the equipment and facilities. Patrons making lengthy and extended use of the copier or computers may be asked to allow other patrons access for a period of time, if necessary.