Contact the library:
In person: 101 Bloor Street West, Toronto M5S 0A1
Phone: 416-961-8800, ext. 679
Toll free (Ontario Only): 1-888-534-2222, ext. 679
- Our library brochure is a handy guide to what you’ll find in the library, what you can access online, and how to borrow and return materials.
What’s your interest? Classroom management, leadership, literacy, multiple intelligences, learning styles, special education or mentoring? The Margaret Wilson Library has extensive materials on all those topics and many more.
You can access our full range of services from anywhere in Canada. We’re here to support your professional development whether you’re a new or experienced teacher.
The College offers a collection of English and French ebooks. Our ebooks offer resources on a variety of topics including Special Education, classroom management, leadership strategies and teaching strategies.
Search our extensive online catalogue and you can request books and videos from the search results page. They’ll be mailed directly to your home or school address – free of charge.
Search research databases to access thousands of full-text journal articles through EBSCOhost, the world’s foremost research database service.
Highlights of your College library:
- a circulating collection of more than 9,500 books and videos
- more than 1,000 French-language books, videos and journals
- more than 100 professional journals
- a searchable online catalogue
- full-text databases including Academic Search Complete, Canadian Reference Centre, Education Research Complete, ERIC and Newspaper Source Plus
- Discipline Committee and some Investigation Committee decisions
- a provincial legislation collection
- newspapers, both in print and online
- several work stations with Internet access
- WiFi for your own laptop.
Borrowing books or other materials is convenient and easy. You may borrow up to eight items at a time. You may keep them for three weeks. You may renew the items twice.
What’s New in the library is updated monthly and lists new items in the College library collection.
You can return materials:
- by mail, free of charge using the Canada Post-approved label enclosed with the shipment. Return postage must be paid on videos and other resources.
- in person at the College
- in the secure book-return drop box anytime at the College at 101 Bloor Street West, at the corner of St. Thomas. You can find the library drop box in the laneway at the back of the College building off St. Thomas Street.
Find the library’s contact information and hours of operation at access to services.
Are you a faculty of education student or a member of the public interested in accessing College documents? Learn about the library’s non-member services.
Browse through the library’s wide selection of journals.
Want to know what Ontario Certified Teachers are reading? See our Top 10 lists of the most-requested books and eBooks.
Find useful academic research related to Professionally Speaking's popular Teacher Tip feature in Teacher Tip Research.
Visiting the library
Library users expect an environment conducive to study and research.
We ask that you set your cell phones and pagers to a quiet tone and that you take your calls in the lobby.
Please refrain from eating and drinking while using the library collections and equipment.
We offer equal access to the equipment and facilities. Patrons making lengthy and extended use of the copier or computers may be asked to allow other patrons access for a period of time, if necessary.