Student Art Exhibition
On May 20, 2017, the College turns twenty. In recognition of this milestone, the College is calling on College members and their students to join the celebration and participate in an exhibition of their artwork. All entries will be displayed at the College.
A selection of entries will also be showcased in the June issue of Professionally Speaking/Pour parler profession and shared via the College’s social media channels.
Deadline for submissions: March 30, 2017.
We ask all students to create artwork based on the themes below:
Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6:
Grades 7 to 12:
Submissions may include the following techniques:
- The exhibition is open to all students in Ontario
- All artwork must be:
- wall mountable
- on paper or mounted on light weight foam core
- one dimensional (i.e. no papier mâché or other heavy material affixed)
- without a frame (glass or wooden)
- free from weighted cardboard
- a maximum size of 63 cm x 61 cm (25” x 24”)
- Maximum one submission per student
- Original artwork only. Copies will not be accepted
- Entries must adhere to the theme indicated for each category
- Submissions mounted on colour or other papers
- All submissions must have a label with the student’s name and the name of the school
- The College reserves the right to replicate all submissions for other non-commercial exhibitions, charitable events and in print.
Interested in participating?
Submissions must be received by March 30, 2017.
1. To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line of the e-mail and the name of the document should indicate: 20th Anniversary Art + name of your school, city (e.g. 20th Anniversary Art, ABC school, Thunder Bay)
2. Label all original artwork on the back with:
- student’s name
- teacher’s name
3. Mail submission to:
Ontario College of Teachers
Student Art Exhibition
101 Bloor Street West
Toronto ON M5S 0A1
For more information contact Maala Nair at email@example.com or (416) 961-8800 ext. 604.
Timelines at a glance:
March 30, 2017
Submission deadline. Postmark date on the consignment package must not be later than March 30, 2017
May 20, 2017
Student Artwork Exhibition at the College commences
May 28, 2017
Doors Open Toronto
A selection of entries published in Professionally Speaking/Pour parler profession