The Ontario College of Teachers is Canada’s only self-regulatory body for teachers. The College licenses, governs and regulates teachers in Ontario.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Education Research Assistant
Standards of Practice and Education Unit,
Standards of Practice and Accreditation Department
One year Term Appointment
Category 7 - Salary Range $55,202 - $84,292
This position provides support to the Standards of Practice and Accreditation Department through both qualitative and quantitative research projects in relation to standards of practice, ethical standards, professional learning framework, Additional Qualification policy development and teacher education.
- Contribute to design, development, methodology and planning for quantitative and qualitative research projects and activities
- Contribute to the design of survey instruments, interview and focus group questions
- Administer the sample selection and distribution of surveys
- Undertake assigned document analysis and bibliographic reviews
- Conduct assigned interviews and focus group sessions
- Organize, code and enter data using qualitative and quantitative software
- Perform preliminary analysis and synthesis of raw data from interviews, focus groups and survey returns
- Provide support in identifying themes, patterns and preliminary findings from research
- Contribute to the preparation of research reports, papers and presentations
- Investigate and compile information on current educational trends
- Perform administrative, liaison and dissemination activities associated with research activities
- Provide research support to writing teams, consultations and Adobe Connect sessions
- Facilitate the development of standards education processes and resources
- Support Additional Qualification policy development and implementation
- Conduct literature searches, reviews and document analyses related to policy, program and research findings in relation to standards for the teaching profession, ethical practice and for teacher education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager and Co-ordinator
Several years of qualitative and quantitative research experience; knowledge of research in the education sector; experience in data analysis, individual and focus group interviewing and survey design; relevant research methods degree or diploma and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative software relevant to social science research; ability to interview and write in French an asset.
The Ontario College of Teachers offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a modern, progressive work environment.
To apply, please forward your resume no later than May 31, 2013.
E-mail applications preferred: email@example.com. Indicate Posting Number 13-10 in subject heading.
External Relations Co-ordinator (Technical)
Policy and Research Unit, Corporate and Council Services
Regular position, Category 11 – Salary Range: $55,202 - $70,244
This position is responsible for the administration and co-ordination of College qualitative and quantitative research, the provision of technical support for software relevant to social science research and technical support for a variety of proprietary software applications to support College Council elections, Council members in their work on Council and committees, and employers in the transfer of teacher data.
This position requires an accomplished co-ordinator with knowledge of software relevant to social science research and the development of and reporting on research surveys, excellent organizational as well as technical support and customer service skills. An ability to interview and write in both French and English is a valued asset for this position.
- Provide access, training and technical support for the College’s intranet site for Council members (CouncilNet)
- Provide technical support for all Council Election related information technology inquiries
- Provide technical support and administer the the College’s Employer Area Portal that provides Ontario school boards and faculties with status and qualification information for College members.
- Act as the primary support for all online survey related research activities including survey development, programming and reporting.
- Act as the primary point of contact for College co-ordinated qualitative research activities including site and candidate identification, onsite coordination and recording.
- Provide project support to External Relations Officers and Policy Analysts in the logistical requirements and material preparation and co-ordination for College consultations, conferences and tours.
- Provide project support to Policy Analysts in the administration of Council elections, including the nomination and voting processes.
- Assist with maintenance of the College’s stakeholder and contact databases.
- Monitor the College Outreach mailbox, drafting responses or referring inquiries as appropriate.
- Provide information and follow-up to individuals in regards to questions about the College, Professionally Speaking/Pour parler profession and outreach events.
- Receive visitors, deal with inquiries and make travel arrangements for staff as required.
- Answer telephone calls for the unit, obtain information from callers where required and refer calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Compose and type letters in reply to routine inquiries or direct mail merges as part of a co-ordinated mailing.
- Prepare and format letters, memoranda and reports, ensuring accuracy and proper distribution.
- Assist in maintaining electronic and hard copy files for the unit.
- Assist in co-ordination, production, distribution and mailing of materials for consultations and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Policy and Research.
To apply, please forward application cover letter and resume no later than Monday, May 27, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Posting Number 13-09 in the subject heading.
Senior Communications Officer
Category 5 - Salary Range $75,902 - 112,391
Communications Unit, Corporate and Council Services
An accomplished communications professional, you will provide diverse writing and editing services as part of a dynamic corporate communications team. A creative and disciplined self-starter, you will apply your demonstrated exceptional writing skills to the College’s professional magazine and web site, and co-ordinate varied communication products and programs. Senior Communications Officers draw on their extensive communications experience to handle sensitive and challenging research, writing and occasional media relations assignments. Oral and written French-language proficiency is an asset for this position.
- Develop and implement various communication and marketing strategies as assigned by the Manager of Communications.
- Assist in the preparation, writing and editing of copy for various materials, including speaking notes, magazine articles, e-newsletters, brochures, web sites and membership mailings.
- Compile background/research material for communications.
- Act as a College spokesperson from time to time for media inquiries.
- Write, edit and distribute media releases and related materials.
- Provide advice and support to senior College staff and official College spokespersons with respect to media opportunities.
- Initiate or review requests for media interviews, speaking engagements and other news making opportunities.
- Co-ordinate distribution of member-related communication materials.
- Attend various meetings and events with College leadership.
- Attend meetings and act on behalf of the Manager of Communications when required.
- Make presentations and respond to questions on College initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter by May 24, 2013. E-mail applications preferred: email@example.com. Indicate Posting Number in subject heading.