The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To advise us of your accommodation needs, please use this form. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Apply now for current openings at the College.
Looking for an internship or co-op placement? Opportunities are communicated to the appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office.
Investigations Unit, Investigations and Hearings Department
Regular Position Category 6 - Salary Range $71,006 - $97,886
Three Positions Available –
1 Contract position until year end
1 Permanent Bilingual
A proven investigator with experience in sensitive and sometimes complex cases, you will investigate complaints of alleged teacher professional misconduct, incompetence and incapacity.
Excellent English-language writing and oral language proficiency required with French language proficiency at the following Canadian Language Benchmark levels: oral expression (10), oral comprehension (11), written comprehension (11), and written expression (11). Professional regulatory organization experience is an asset in consideration for this role.
- Conduct investigations of complaints with manager direction on the nature and the extent of an investigation, including persons to be interviewed, visits to be made, others to be contacted for information, the process for substantiating documentation, legal advice, time frames and investigation sequencing.
- Prepare correspondence re investigation process for parties, counsel and witnesses.
- Interview complainants, witnesses, and/or other individuals.
- Prepare interview summaries for inclusion in investigation reports.
- Request certificates of convictions and other documentation relating to criminal trials and charges.
- Review the results of investigations with the Manager of Investigations prior to presentation to the Investigation Committee.
- Prepare case reports for review by the Investigation Committee in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Attend Investigation Committee Panel meetings to provide background information on assigned cases.
- Attend Investigation Committee meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Investigations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than March 9, 2017.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially
Quality Assurance Analyst
Information and Technology unit, Corporate and Council Services
Limited term contract – 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Hourly Rate - $45-50
The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to plan, design, architect, and implement effective test suites and regimes for in-house product development, software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements. This individual will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate and resolve systems/software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of IT investments and initiatives. Reading and writing French language proficiency is an asset for this position as applications support English and French communications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and implement testing techniques for new applications, products, and enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into College systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of project development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Prepare end user training documentation as needed
- Facilitate user acceptance testing and business shadow-testing sessions
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Information Technology.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and five to seven years work experience in the field, including experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Experience with performing quality assurance and testing tasks around MS Dynamics CRM, Windows Forms and web and mobile apps..
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, operating systems, protocols and standards.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than March 1, 2017.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.