The Ontario College of Teachers is Canada’s only self-regulatory body for teachers. The College licenses, governs and regulates teachers in Ontario.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Bilingual External Relations Co-ordinator
Policy & Research Unit, Corporate and Council Services
Regular, full-time position, category 11- salary range $55,809 - $71,017
A proven self-starter experienced in public speaking, conference and event arrangements, with promotion, marketing or stakeholder relations background, you will provide a wide range of French and English language administrative, organizational and corporate representation services for a high activity external relations team.
Strong communication skills and successful administrative/secretarial experience required. Excellent oral and written proficiency in both French and English is required for this position. Experience as a teacher or knowledge of the teaching profession in Ontario is an asset for this position.
The French-language proficiency at the following Canadian Language Benchmark levels is required: oral expression (11), oral comprehension (11), written comprehension (10), and written expression (10).
- Identify strategic opportunities within the College’s mandate for representation and presence at English and French language sector events
- Co-ordinate the representation of the College at education sector conferences, public events and trade shows including booking of display space, arrangements for and scheduling of College speakers and participants, installation of displays, distribution of literature and liaison with event hosts.
- Represent the College and provide information about the teaching profession at bilingual events
- Make presentations on behalf of the College to education candidates at French language faculties of education and international delegations, as required
- Provide project support to External Relations Officers in the logistical requirements and material preparation and coordination for College consultations, conferences and tours.
- Assist with maintenance of the College’s stakeholder and contact databases.
- Monitor the College outreach mailbox, drafting responses or referring inquiries as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain College calendars and electronic stakeholder databases
- Provide information and follow up to individuals via telephone in regards to questions about the College, Professionally Speaking/Pour parler profession, the College’s Speakers Bureau and public events.
- Receive visitors, deal with enquiries and arrange appointments for staff as required.
- Answer telephone calls for the Unit, obtain information from callers where required and refer calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Compose and type letters in reply to routine enquiries or direct mail merges as part of a coordinated mailing.
- Transcribe and format letters, memoranda, articles, reports, speeches, briefing notes, ensuring accuracy and proper distribution.
- Assist in maintaining electronic and hard copy files for the Unit.
- Assist in coordination, production, distribution and mailing of materials for consultations and events.
- Prepare and distribute agendas for College events.
- Assist in preparation of itineraries for Unit and College staff.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements for Unit staff.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Team Lead or Unit Manager.
To apply, please forward application cover letter and resume no later than August 22, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Posting Number 14-26 in the subject heading.